Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Creative Space

Lots of embroidery going on this week. I'm working on the "Nightingale Lap Quilt" from Doodle Stitching as a baby shower present for my sister-in-law, and it is very embroidery-intensive. I'm excited to get to work on embroidery. It's a skill I want to develop and this quilt is perfect for getting practice with basic stitches--chain stitch, split stitch, straight stitch, long and short stitch.

The quilt in the book uses pinks and reds, and I'm going with a purple color scheme because her nursery colors are lavender and lime green. My daughter is adamant that this quilt is for her. Hope she gets that out of her head soon :)

1 comment:

  1. Love that Doodle Stitching pattern! I think it looks great in the purples. (My daughter currently things the sweater I am making for my mom is for her. She's going to be disappointed when it's many sizes too large!)

    ReplyDelete